Monday 7 January 2013

Personal training nightmare

Hi Everyone

I am exhausted. Stiff and exhausted.

And....I am paying to feel this way.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am paying to be chased around the gym, jumping on and off steps, doing lunges and basically losing my dignity.

Today my personal trainer's program included legs and bum training. How bad could it actually be, I was confidently thinking as I strode into the gym with my newly purchased gym outfit.

Well, I had a big shock awaiting me in one of the studios. Lunges combined with jumping up and down several steps stacked on top of each other.  At one point I was losing my balance so badly while I was supposed to do some serious leg lifting on top of this pyramid of steps that my poor personal trainer lost his balance in trying to keep me falling flat on my face!  (I must say...I commend him on his ultra swift responses!)
All the while trying to sound and look as lady like as possible.

I don't like this, I was thinking while I was staring at my red sweaty face in the mirror.  The groan that escaped me did not sound like anything a lady of good upbringing would utter, but by that time I did not care anymore. I wanted to go home and I did not want to be polite to my trainer anymore!

But like all things...the session came to an end and I managed a smile as I made my way across the parking lot towards my car.

No more whining until Wednesday then.....

Chat again soon!


Leonie

No comments:

Post a Comment