Friday 4 January 2013

The Return of Rosina

Hi Everyone!

Life is beautiful!  My wonderful housekeeping lady returned from her Christmas holiday in Lesoto!

Since early yesterday evening I started experiencing mild feelings of anxiety.  What if she decided not to return?  What if she decided that she doesn't like me anymore? 

I started analyzing (I am very good at that...ask my husband), what I might have done during 2012 that could  have offended her.  The only thing I could think of was, that she could not face another one of my Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches that I make her for lunch.....everytime I see her.  I vowed that from this moment forward she will be getting toasted chicken mayonaise sandwiches.....or basically anything she desires.  I know she doesn't like vegetables at all (but that is a story for another time).

Over the festive season, we tried keeping the house neat and tidy, but obviously we didn't try hard enough.  The ironing is a totally different story...we didn't even try.  It is piled up to an amazing heap, that would make any sensitive person run for the hills!

Anyway....my fears were unfounded as she arrived promptly at 07h30 this morning, with her usual big, bright smile!  Oh....what a wonderful sight to behold!

As I unlocked the security gate for her I could only feel love and gratitude towards  my lovely Rosina!  As the gate swung open, I could not contain myself any longer....!  I had to give her a hug....well ok, it was more like an extended cuddle.

I must say,  she did look a bit uncomfortable, which turned into a look of nervousness when she realized that I was not about to let go.

She is busy ironing at the moment and I am considering giving her some Bioplus...that is if she is not allergic.

I better sign of now, as it is time for me to prepare her lunch. I will try one of Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals today.

Speak to you all again soon!

Leonie

No comments:

Post a Comment