Sunday 13 January 2013

Sissie, Mammie, Gogo or Tannie?

Hi there everyone!

I am offended, highly offended.

In the past week several car guards called me Mammie when thanking me for my contribution when I left  the car park.  It used to be Sissie.  How did that happen, what seems like overnight?  One day I wake up as a Sissie and then go to bed being a Mammie.

What this tells me, is that I am ageing in an obvious way.  This morning I nearly asked my money back after the Mammie comment!  What's next?  Will I be called Gogo?  If that happens in the near future, you will be reading about me in the newspaper and I don't mean in a good way.  (Car guard confused after being assulted by unknown lady shouting `I am not a Mammie!')

Another example of my rapid ageing was at church this morning.  I was in such a lovely mood after the sermon.  Lovely...the goodness and happiness in my heart showed on my face. I shared a wonderful cup of tea with my fellow church members. I even decided to compliment the lovely young lady on her tea making skills, which I did as I was handing my empty cup back.

Then...all the goodness and kindness that I was giving a place in my heart disappeared like it never existed!  The young (not so lovely anymore) lady replied with a sweet smile `It is a pleasure Tannie!'

Where will this all end?

 With another round of Botox I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment